- 3 peppers, preferably tricolor
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon FlavorGod Taco Tuesday seasoning
- 1 tablespoon FlavorGod Cheese seasoning
- 1 cup plant-based cheddar shreds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
FLAVORS USED IN THIS RECIPE
(2 FLAVORS )
Taco Tuesday Seasoning
- 1 Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2 Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes.
- 3 Arrange the pepper halves open side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle them with a touch of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 4 In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the chopped onion for about 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- 5 Add the black beans and minced garlic to the skillet. Mix well and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6 Introduce the cooked quinoa to the skillet along with the FlavorGod Taco Tuesday and Cheese seasonings. Stir thoroughly to combine, then fold in half of the plant-based cheddar shreds. Remove the skillet from heat.
- 7 Generously fill each pepper half with the black bean-quinoa mixture, slightly overstuffing them. Top each pepper with the remaining plant-based cheddar shreds.
- 8 Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and golden.
- 9 Once out of the oven, garnish the stuffed peppers with fresh cilantro leaves for a burst of vibrant flavor.
- 10 Serve your Southwestern Style Stuffed Peppers warm and enjoy this delightful, nourishing creation.
SIGN UP FOR NEW WEEKLY RECIPES!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
TAG @FLAVORGOD ON INSTAGRAM/TIKTOK & HASHTAG #FLAVORGOD!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.