Succulent portobello caps marinated in a rich blend of tamari, Worcestershire, and FlavorGod Steak and Chop seasoning, sautéed to perfection. Piled onto buttered pretzel rolls, they mingle with vibrant peppers, Read More...
- 2 portobello caps, cleaned and destemmed
- 2 peppers (any colors will work)
- 1 onion
- 2 pretzel rolls
- 1 tbsp FlavorGod Steak and Chop seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 plant-based Gouda slices
- FlavorGod Himalayan Salt and Pink Peppercorn (to taste)
- BBQ sauce
- Vegan mayonnaise
FLAVORS USED IN THIS RECIPE
(2 FLAVORS )
Steak & Chop Rub
Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn Finisher Finisher Salt
Steak & Chop Rub Nutrition & Ingredients
Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn Finisher Nutrition & Ingredients
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 Create the marinade by mixing tamari, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, and FlavorGod Steak and Chop seasoning.
- 3 Place the cleaned portobello caps in a deep dish or bowl and pour the marinade over them, coating evenly. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, slice the peppers and onions and sauté them in olive oil for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 5 Add a little more olive oil to the pan and sauté the marinated portobello caps on both sides for about 6-8 minutes, patting down with a spatula to remove excess moisture.
- 6 Remove the mushrooms from the pan and place them on a cutting board. Cut them into strips.
- 7 Cut the pretzel rolls in half and butter both sides. Add the sliced portobello steak, peppers, and onions mixture on top and top with two slices of plant-based Gouda.
- 8 Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, checking at the 10-minute mark. Alternatively, broil for 3-4 minutes.
- 9 Take a bite and enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR NEW WEEKLY RECIPES!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
TAG @FLAVORGOD ON INSTAGRAM/TIKTOK & HASHTAG #FLAVORGOD!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.