Indulge in the irresistible flavors of crispy tofu bathed in a delectable teriyaki sauce. This plant-based delight is perfectly seasoned and air-fried to crispy perfection. Pair it with rice or Read More...
- 1 pack organic firm tofu
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil (Chosen Foods)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch for coating, plus 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp water for roux
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt (FlavorGod)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (Coconut Secret)
- 1 tsp low-sodium Vegetarian Hoisin Sauce Optional: Garnish with scallions or parsley
FLAVOR USED IN THIS RECIPE
(1 FLAVOR )
Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn Finisher Finisher Salt
- 1 Pat dry the tofu with a clean towel and set aside to drain excess liquid.
- 2 Prepare the sauce by combining coconut aminos, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch/water mixture (roux). Set aside.
- 3 Cube the tofu and place it in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and, if desired, additional seasonings like cayenne pepper. Lightly coat each cube with cornstarch for a crispy coating.
- 4 Spray the tofu with avocado oil and air fry for 8-10 minutes.
- 5 In a pan, heat the sauce until it becomes bubbly on low boil. Incorporate the air-fried tofu into the sauce.
- 6 Garnish with scallions or parsley if desired.
SIGN UP FOR NEW WEEKLY RECIPES!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
TAG @FLAVORGOD ON INSTAGRAM/TIKTOK & HASHTAG #FLAVORGOD!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.