Indulge in the irresistible flavors of Crunchy Birria-Style Tacos! Tender jackfruit seasoned with tantalizing spices, paired with melted plant-based mozzarella, and topped with fresh cilantro and onions. These tacos are Read More...
- 2 large white onions
- 8-10 small corn tortillas
- 1 can jackfruit in brine (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp FlavorGod Taco Tuesday seasoning
- 1 tbsp FlavorGod Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp FlavorGod Habanero seasoning
- 2 cups plant-based mozzarella-style shreds
- Fresh cilantro
- Birria Sauce:
- 2 star anise
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- FlavorGod Himalayan salt and pink peppercorn (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
FLAVORS USED IN THIS RECIPE
(3 FLAVORS )
Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn Finisher Finisher Salt
Taco Tuesday Seasoning
Cajun Lovers Seasoning
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 Quarter one white onion and peel two garlic cloves, then add them to a sheet pan.
- 3 Drizzle olive oil over the onions, and season with FlavorGod Himalayan salt and pink peppercorns. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 4 Remove the roasted onions and garlic from the oven and transfer them to a blender. Add vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, Habanero seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and star anise.
- 5 Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to create the birria sauce.
- 6 Pat the rinsed jackfruit dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place it in a bowl and season with 1 tsp Taco Tuesday seasoning, FlavorGod Himalayan salt, and pink peppercorns.
- 7 Cut the remaining white onion in half, slice one half, and chop the other half for the tacos.
- 8 In a pan, add olive oil, sliced onions, and jackfruit. Sauté until slightly browned.
- 9 Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle Taco Tuesday seasoning on each corn tortilla.
- 10 Chop the remaining half of the white onion and roughly chop the cilantro.
- 11 Steam the tortillas for about 20 seconds to prevent them from breaking when assembling.
- 12 Build the tacos by adding a layer of plant-based mozzarella shreds, sautéed jackfruit and onions, and more shreds. Top with raw onions and cilantro. Fold the tortillas over and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- 13 Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the folded tacos on it. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until desired crunch.
- 14 Garnish the tacos with more raw onions and cilantro. Serve with a side of the dipping sauce.
SIGN UP FOR NEW WEEKLY RECIPES!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
TAG @FLAVORGOD ON INSTAGRAM/TIKTOK & HASHTAG #FLAVORGOD!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.